Re: add GETAJAX verb/method in http protocol

On 23/05/2012 6:54 a.m., J Ross Nicoll wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I'm not sure this necessarily makes sense as a separate method; you're
> still taking the same action (getting a resource), it's just the
> presentation that differs. I tend to use query parameters to indicate
> which parts of a resource I want (and an Accept header to indicate I'm
> wanting the response as JSON/XML), is that a reason that doesn't suit?

The other reason is that GETAJAX would be an unknown method from the
point of view of all existing cache infrastructure. Sending such a
method for a URL of an already cached page template will invalidate the
URL and wipe out any cache benefits you gain from making it static page
with AJAX.

AYJ