Re: WGLC: draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-02.txt - section 5.1

On Sun, 6 May 2012 07:51:04 +0200
Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> I'm used to see a similar thing at places where front SSL-offload caches
> are installed. The instance name which receives the connection is named
> in requests going to the backend servers, and it holds the name of the
> application or of the customer, which is a 1:1 association from the
> listening ip:port. I too think that we should allow a slightly larger
> alphabet to permit "[:._-]" and possibly a few other characters. Some
> people might also want to name the incoming interface on transparent
> intercepting proxies. It's likely that the few chars above are enough
> to unambiguously name network interfaces.
>
> Given that the underscore has a special meaning when stated first, we
> could have the chars above only allowed after a first ALPHANUM character.
>
> What do others think ?

I think it would be enough to say they are only valid in obfnode and
obfport. obfnode and obfport always starts with "_". It should also be
noted that the use of "[:]" requires the value to be quoted.

 rgds,
   andreas