RE: Reminder: Call for Proposals - HTTP Authentication

From: <lionel.morand@orange.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:54:06 +0200
To: <mnot@mnot.net>, <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

RFC 3310 is informational but used in mobile networks. I think it is worth to consider the interest of defining this mechanism as "standard" HTTP authentication scheme. What should be the process?

In the same line, I have a draft on adaption of RFC3310 for 2G AKA (see. http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-morand-http-digest-2g-aka-02.txt). I would propose to add it to the list of new potential authentication schemes but only if RFC 3310 is part of the same list. Otherwise, it could be only informal.