#266: Header Microsyntax

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:51:26 +1000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/266>

The discussion in Paris led to the understanding that if we were to define common header microsyntax, we wouldn't be able to use it for the headers we define, since we'd need to change their ABNF in subtle ways.

Therefore, although having it would be useful, we don't need to have it on the critical path for HTTPbis, and we can thus close this issue with no action.

If you have concerns about doing so, please raise them now.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/