Re: 2.0 and Radio Impacts/battery efficiency

I'm speculating here, but a proxy deployed by the mobile service provider
may have a reasonable estimate of the radio state.

I think Roberto is just being succinct here, but to further drive the point
of explicit proxies rather than implicit proxies here, an explicit proxy
will let the client multiplex (SPDY / HTTP2.0) to the proxy, and not just
to origin servers. This way, even if the origin server FINs a connection,
the proxy won't have to deliver a FIN to the client, since the
client<=>proxy connection hasn't closed. And even if it has, the proxy
could choose to do implicit closes (no FIN) rather than explicit closes.
Future traffic would either get a TCP RST, or if it's a SPDY-type proxy,
SPDY PINGs will allow detecting dead connections to the proxy.