Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

The idea is just a partial solution to the HOL blocking problem that at
least decreases the likelihood that HOL issue will block high priority
objects. I don't yet know the SPDY protocol well enough but the idea is
that you would have two SPDY streams running over two TCP connections.
Anything that the browser deems as blocking page load, or for another
reason high priority, will go over one SPDY stream and everything else will
go over the other.

I agree that a UDP-based transport that supports out of order packets would
completely solve HOL blocking for SPDY. My misunderstanding was that SCTP
was such a transport but Mike set me straight. In any case, there are no
obvious candidates for this so I agree we can't really design for it.

Still I think we should support inter-object dependencies only if there's a
real benefit, which I believe there is in the upstream but not so sure in
the downstream, as compared to simply going binary.

Peter