Re: options or protocols?

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 23:50:33 +1200
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
CC: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On 5/04/2012 11:29 p.m., Willy Tarreau wrote:
> That's what I'd really like to see happen : a smooth and transparent
> opening of 2.0. Probably that for HTTPS, NPN might result in a faster
> adoption since there are less controls, so that will not change
> anything for admins : either they already block and will continue to
> do so, or they already don't care and wont either.

I think a lot of the sites that allow 443 through are growing more and
more uncomfortable with it.  So it's likely to change, esp as traffic
migrates to https.

Therefore I wouldn't assume things will remain the way they currently
are - in terms of people allowing or not caring.

I think the "smooth" upgrade path might take aeons :)

It would be interesting if it were possible to do an experiment using
another port.  Google would be in a position to test that :)

Adrien