Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

On 4/2/2012 7:55 PM, William Chan (???) wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz
> <mailto:squid3@treenet.co.nz>> wrote:
>

>     The 8+ years we have had bugs open against Firefox explaining the
>     use-cases, what is needed and even describing potential
>     configuration specs say otherwise.
>     Instead admin are forced to rollout a Firefox proxy config plugin
>     which almost but not quite works, and these days both of them
>     breaks for a few weeks out of each month.

If we build a strong definition of this stuff around HTTP/2 that will
clearly be a priority and I feel confident in saying firefox will
support that.

If you're interested in HTTPS proxy support before that I think we need
to figure out how to fully bake the "don't proxy my bank session" use
case in a way that is better than just letting the admin supplied wpad
script make the decision. When not in a HTTP/2 context that's really
outside the scope of httpbis though - feel free to write me directly if
you want to pursue it.

-P