Re: Ascii-based SPDY "compression" idea

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

> In message <
> CANmPAYH38bbDJtcDLxoHcTSZ06685M30LC9DP7bMcUoJu5j4ig@mail.gmail.com>
> , Peter Lepeska writes:
>
> >Since a SPDY session is associated with a single TCP connection, we can
> >assume all GETs on that connection are being routed to the same web
> server.
>
> I think that is an unwarranted assumption.
>
> Many sites today will deliver static content like images from one
> set of servers and dynamic content from another (typically larger)
> set of servers, and some kind of "http-router" will split the
> requests on the TCP connection up between them.

Just to be clear, is this "http-router" a reverse proxy that terminates the
TCP connection and forwards HTTP requests onward to backend application
servers? Because if so, then I think the core of Peter's point still
stands. The "http-router" can handle all the header
compression/decompression for SPDY.