Re: lower casing host names

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011, Adam Barth wrote:

> I suspect it's not really something for HTTPbis to concern itself with,
> however.

I am concerned because when the three most used browsers do this it means lots
of people will test their sites and servers with them and everything will be
fine and dandy even when they lazily don't do the right thing - and this will
force other HTTP implementors to go this way too sooner or later. Pretty much
exactly how we ended up with how cookies work.

These three browsers then apparently do something with HTTP that isn't
mentioned (or referred to) in httpbis. Such hidden knowledge isn't good for a
protocol spec imho.

--

/ daniel.haxx.se