Re: issue 325: When are Location's semantics triggered?, was: Protocols/APIs and redirects

From: Cameron Heavon-Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:04:01 +0000
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

> On 2011-12-14 17:21, Cameron Heavon-Jones wrote:

>>> Wait a minute.
>>>
>>> I thought UAs follow 301/302/307 even when sent with content?
>>>

>> No, check the first table - almost all tests result in rendered content apart from 304 and IE throwing some errors.
>
> Ack.
>
> But this is for *POST* only, right?
>
> Best regards, Julian

I don't think it makes a difference, a response should be parsed irrespective of the request although i don't know that this is definitively the case.

I just checked Firefox and the same behaviour is seen, i would assume the same from the other browsers but i can do more tests to confirm.

Thanks,
Cam