Re: Feedback sought on timezone header for HTTP

On 2011-12-08 22:24, David Morris wrote:
> I also see minimal value in adding this complexity vs. just using the
> GMT offset in conjunction with accept values.

Are you referring to the Date: header field?

"All HTTP date/time stamps MUST be represented in Greenwich Mean Time
(GMT), without exception. For the purposes of HTTP, GMT is exactly equal
to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). This is indicated in the first two
formats by the inclusion of "GMT" as the three-letter abbreviation for
time zone, and MUST be assumed when reading the asctime format." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-17.html#http.date>

Best regards, Julian