Re: Feedback sought on timezone header for HTTP

Le 6 déc. 2011 à 12:14, Matthew Fenelon a écrit :
> What I would be proposing is to have a request HTTP header 'Accept-Timezone' that would obsolete the need for the approaches detailed above. The value of the header would consist of a timezone identifier from the Olson database. An example of the header,
>
> Accept-Timezone: Europe/London

One potential issue I can imagine. As soon as something releases
explicit information about location, people use it. I can see Web
developers (and marketers) being happy about this one. Not used
for time, but for location data mining and send a representation
which is geolocated in addition to the commons geoip dbs.

It also increases the Web fingerprinting surface of someone.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/