Re: Prefer Draft Feedback

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:26:09 +1100
To: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Cc: James Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 7 December 2011 03:29, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov@measurement-factory.com> wrote:
>> 7. The "wait" Preference
> Do you have to limit this feature to user-agents?

Good point.  In our work on timeouts we observed that intermediaries
are equally capable of placing their own constraints on time.  In
fact, there's nothing inherently wrong with an intermediary changing
the value to a lower value (my client was prepared to wait 30s, but I
have policy that limits this to 10), though increasing the value might
not work out so well.

--Martin