Re: Prefer Draft Feedback

On 2011-12-06 19:43, James Snell wrote:
> The grammar for Prefer is modeled closely after the Expect header
> field grammar in Part 2 and adds only the allowance that a preference
> can have it's own value (e.g. "Prefer: wait=10" ...

Good point:

   Expect       = 1#expectation

   expectation  = "100-continue" / expectation-extension
   expectation-extension = token [ "=" ( token / quoted-string )
                            *expect-params ]
   expect-params = ";" token [ "=" ( token / quoted-string ) ]

So this allows values here as well.

I'm still not too enthusiastic about this, as I haven't seen this in use.

It appears making it a bit simpler wouldn't hurt a lot. So you'd have
for instance

   Prefer: wait; sec=10

Best regards, Julian