Re: #231: Considerations for new headers

On 2011-10-10 10:26, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Also, we probably should have a single place that defines the "param"
> ABNF construct, like
>
> param = token OWS "=" OWS ( token / quoted-string )
>
> or maybe
>
> param = token OWS [ "=" OWS ( token / quoted-string ) ]
>
> and then clarify that predefined params never ever should parse
> different from extension parameters; for instance, they should always
> allow both notations.
>
> See also <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/307> and
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/wiki/HeaderFieldTypes>.

Proposal:

"Many header fields use a format including named parameters (for
instance, Content-Type). Parameter values should always allow both
unquoted (token) and quoted (quoted-string) values:"

If we later get around to defining concrete ABNF building blocks, we can
still rephrase this...

Best regards, Julian