IPV6 literal URL format mention might be useful

From: Dale Anderson <dra@redevised.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:41:26 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Hi Mr. Nottingham et. al

I never came across this and had assumed due to no luck and trouble with
syntax that IPv6 literals were not supported in URLs. I think HTTP engineer
types will naturally run into this and may not look elsewhere than 'httpbis'
and RFC3986 URL scheme for this kind of information. I found RFC2732 which
specifically addresses IPv6 literals and this works with my firefox browser
and also with curl (must specify -g to avoid parsing error).

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2732.html

I don't propose exactly WHERE, but I would consider putting some mention of
IPv6 literal URL scheme into the 'httpbis' for such HTTP engineers to more
easily find, because it is the place they will most naturally look.

Thanks!

Dale Anderson