DOSETA and MIMEAUTH

From: Dave CROCKER <dhc2@dcrocker.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:23:25 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Folks,

Dobrư den!

I have gotten some queries about the possibility of applying DKIM to the task of
validating web content, along the lines of:  draft-burke-content-signature.

In fact, I had already been pursuing specifications that are likely to satisfy
your requirements.  The basic specification is called DOSETA and the tailored
use of it is called MIMEAUTH.

DKIM itself has very specific semantics and is tied to email.  On the other
hand, DKIM has some underlying technical components that do seem amenable to
re-use for other application services, such as this one.

We've specified this as some generic protocol component, with an example use
called MIMEAUTH that appears to provide the service you need.

I'll be summarizing the details at the Monday morning IETF AppsArea session.  A
copy of the slides is attached.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker