Re: NEW: value space of status codes [#213]

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:02:01 +1100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/213>

As per #229, p2-semantics now says:

    New HTTP status codes are required to fall under one of the categories defined in Section 8.

... so I think this clarifies that, at least for the purposes of IANA, status codes outside those ranges are disallowed.

Any objection to closing this issue with no further action?

Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/