409 Conflict - exposing more details

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:02:39 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

in a project I'm currently working on, my server returns 409 Conflict
when trying to DELETE a resource that still has strong references from
other resources -- so what I want to tell the client is that you can't
DELETE resource A as long as resource B references it.

Now, with close coupling between client and server this can easily be
communicated in the response body, be it JSON or XML.

However, I was wondering whether this use case is common enough to
standardize it? Maybe with a link relation?

Best regards, Julian