Re: Link header is representation metadata?

On Feb 1, 2011, at 11:50 AM, Nathan wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> On 12.10.2010 01:02, Nathan wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a quick bit of guidance on whether the Link header would
>>> class as representation metadata
>> The Link header spec says "entity header", which is the terminology we used in HTTPbis until draft 10; so I think it's supposed to fall into the same class as "Content-Language", for example.
>
> Sorry but I need to come back to this one, can I get a definitive answer (please :)) on whether the Link header is representation metadata (like Content-Type), or not?

It is sometimes metadata. Some of those times it is representation
metadata, like Content-Type, whereas in other times it can be
resource metadata, like Vary.

And occasionally it is just part of the representation, though that
tends to confuse people who think data == body and headers == meta.

What the link is for depends entirely on the rel value.

....Roy