Re: [apps-discuss] For consideration as an appsawg document: draft-nottingham-http-portal

From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:55:15 -0500
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, apps-discuss@ietf.org
> However, some implementation experience is necessary. In particular, I'd like to
> run an experiment where the status code is deployed on a captive portal in a large
> network, to see if it affects current implementations.

That might mean that the target status of the document should, for
now, be "experimental".  The best way to get some experiments going,
and to drive some experimental implementations, is to have an
experimental spec.

> The IETF meeting network seems like an ideal place to do so, and I've pinged
> ietf-management@ietf.org (last August) about doing so, but haven't had any
> response.

Try sending Joel a note (he responded to your other query on the wgchairs list).

Barry