Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

On 9 Jan 2011, at 10:20, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 09.01.2011 07:22, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>>>
>>> We might create a registry when/if when there are actually requests
>>> for new Warning values.
>> However no one can actually do this since there is no such registry. So
>> I think there should be the appropriate registry. Will the WG agree with
>> me?
>
> See above: no, *I* don't think we should create a registry at this point.

Agreed, we don't need to create a registry until we have something to put in it.

If someone writes an I-D that creates additional Warning codes, that same I-D can:
1) Note that a registry needs to be created, or
2) Suggest creating the registry and contain the relevant IANA guidelines etc.

In the case of (1) what I would expect is *if* the I-D progresses then at some point in the future before it is sent to IESG, either
a) a separate I-D is produced & progressed in parallel to create the registry and IANA guidelines
b) the IANA guidelines etc are put in the original I-D (essentially the same as (2) above but the original I-D author does not expend time writing IANA guidelines before receiving feedback on their actual proposal).

Ben