Re: status code for header fields to big

On 06/30/2011 10:17 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2011, at 5:46 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>

>> So 413 doesn't seem to be used in general for this case.
>>
>> Should it? In that case we should clarify the spec...
>>
> We should define new 4xx codes for header block too long and
> header field too long.
>
> ....Roy

How many consider the length of the query string already given as the
initial max length of the header lines; this could be an optimization to
prefetch memory regions; the given length is the first read only
well-known cookie from the client. Quadcores may just want the scalar
value; four lines; 1k each, ascii. That's a lot of headers!

--
--- http://twitter.com/Dzonatas_Sol ---
Web Development, Software Engineering