Re: #285: Strength of requirements on Accept re: 406

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:15:42 -0400
Cc: httpbis Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>

Le 21 juin 2011 à 20:21, Mark Nottingham a écrit :
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/285>
> """
> If an Accept header field is present, and if the server cannot send a response which is acceptable according to the combined Accept field value, then the server SHOULD send a 406 (Not Acceptable) response.
> """

Rails do not take into account Accept headers
https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/2f4aaed7b3feb3be787a316fab3144c06bb21a27
And it seems PHP Recess is doing the same (to check)

I do not know if IE still does that (to check) but
"Hit F5 to refresh that page, and IE will probably go back to sending */* again."
— http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2009/07/01/9811694.aspx

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/