Re: #296: 203 Non-Authoritative Information: deprecate?

From: Dzonatas Sol <dzonatas@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:50:50 -0700
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 06/09/2011 01:26 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<4DF081D2.10600@qbik.com>, Adrien de Croy writes:
>

>> I'm still not convinced it's even possible to create a 100%
>> "transparent" (in the common english sense of the word) proxy that
>> complies with the RFC.
>>
> I have always understood the "transparent" to pertain to the contents
> being undamaged and unchanged, and not to the details of how it was
> transmitted (Via, Transfer-Encoding etc) ?

Yet we also speak of proxies that transform the protocol and scheme and
try not to change the semantic content. That may seem transparent to the
semantic web.

Probably easier to think of that in how we move out of the complexities
of multi-headed clients that each had a single connection to the server,
and now they use one single proxy in-between to stream the server
connection. The proxy directs resources to-and-from the appropriate
client, and in this simplified case the proxy is almost the reverse of
the web-server. On that point, use of semantic client/server terminology
in description makes less sense.

--
--- https://twitter.com/Dzonatas_Sol ---
Web Development, Software Engineering, Virtual Reality, Consultant