Re: [TLS] Revised TLS Charter

Eric Rescorla wrote:
> Can you advise on which drafts you have in mind?

1. draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp

2. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-agl-tls-nextprotoneg-00 (NPN)

3. An extension to move the client certificate message to be between its ChangeCipherSuite and Finished messages (next to the NPN message), to protect it. Hopefully we can resurrect one of the previous drafts that proposed to do this.

4. An explicit one-roundtrip False-Start(-like) full handshake. (Needs a new I-D.)

We are planning to implement all of these extensions in Firefox. I believe that there are other major implementers that are planning to implement at least the first three.

We may also implement the current TLS False Start mechanism, but I think it would be better to have an opt-in one-round-trip handshake mechanism. Such a mechanism would probably involve the client optimistically putting a ClientKeyExchange (probably formatted like a ServerKeyExchange) message in a ClientHello extension, so that the server can send its ChangeCipherSuite and Finished messages immediately after its ServerHelloDone message.

Cheers,
Brian