Re: #282: Recommend minimum sizes for protocol elements

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:37:53AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20110502083402.GN10529@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:
>
> >Indeed, some applications need to identify small sets of known devices,
> >especially the ones with limited capabilities [...]
>
> Yes, and this is exactly why I think why U-A should be banned: It makes
> it possible for browser-writers to shift the trouble to the web-servers.

Well, I get your point and agree in general. Still I think there are valid
uses ; it's not necessarily stupid to present a different virtual keyboard
to a 320x240 device than to a 1600x1200 one. Just as you'd probably not ask
for the same inputs on an iphone and FF4 running on a desktop.

Regards,
Willy