DNT Header RFC

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:20:24 -0400
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

FYI, I'm currently at the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and User Tracking. We are talking a lot about the DO NOT TRACK DNT header.

I have seen there was a draft already for this header but it was not sent to this mailing list it seems. So connecting dots.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mayer-do-not-track-00
Do Not Track: A Universal Third-Party Web Tracking Opt Out
                      draft-mayer-do-not-track-00

Abstract

   This document defines the syntax and semantics of Do Not Track, an
   HTTP header-based mechanism that enables users to express preferences
   about third-party web tracking.  It also provides a standard for how
   web services should comply with such user preferences.

See also https://firstpersoncookie.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/mozilla-makes-joint-submission-to-ietf-on-dnt/

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/