Re: I-D draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 07:54:34 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
cc: Andreas Petersson <andreas@sbin.se>, "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@commscope.com>, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <2FEDC936-35BC-4FED-B701-DB1962320C46@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham wri
tes:

>forwarded-for = 1#( hop *[ ";" parameter ] )
>hop = address | pseudonum
>pseudonum = token
>address = ...

You do realize that this is superset of my proposal, which complicates
the parsing, without adding any value ?

>One of the reasons for allowing extension parameters, btw, is to allow
>someone to sign the hops if they want to.

You can do the same i both my and your own proposal by hexdumping the
signature and send it as a pseudonym.

Do you at least agree, that we have to state clearly that a received
F-F header's content can only be correctly translated in the context
it was generated ?