Re: I-D draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 08:12:38PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20110408195627.GB15625@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:
> >On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 07:42:54PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
> >Most people would not even know [...]
>
> That should not cause us to write standards that make life impossible
> for the people who do know and who do have the need.

Sorry, but I fail to see what makes your life impossible when
parsing this an IP address followed by an optional port. I would
add that it's much easier than deciding what to write as a fake
port value when you know the port is wrong and don't want to fool
your logs.

Willy