Re: I-D draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

In message <20110408161232.GE13348@1wt.eu>, Willy Tarreau writes:

>Except that you will hardly find a product which logs a source port which
>is randomly choosen by either the system or the lower layers for an outgoing
>connection.

... unless the owners happen to know that they are under a legal
obligation to be able to produce logging records for the next two
years detailing such communications.

>> So we should log the port number, always.
>
>I simply disagree here with "always".

Please remember that we are talking about a SHOULD item, and that
the definition allows you to write "FOOBAR" if you want to.