I-D draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

From: Andreas Petersson <andreas@sbin.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:32:17 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hi,

First, maybe a short introduction of who I am. I work for Opera
Software with Opera Mini in the mini server team in Linköping, Sweden.
Now, to business.

I recently submitted a draft for standardizing a replacement for the
X-Forwarded-For header field.

Please read the draft and come with feedback.

Regards,
 Andreas Petersson

---

directories.

	Title           : Forwarded-For HTTP Extension
	Author(s)       : A. Petersson, M. Nilsson
	Filename        : draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-04-05

This document standardizes an HTTP extension header field that allows
proxy components to disclose the originating IP number of a request.
Given a trusted path of proxying components, each subsequent
component will have access to all IP numbers used in the chain of
proxied HTTP requests.

This document also standardizes ways for a proxy possessor to
anonymize the origin of a request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt>