Re: Content-Disposition next steps

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:02:27 +0100
To: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>
CC: "Jungshik Shin (, )" <jungshik@google.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 16.12.2010 21:10, Adam Barth wrote:
> Thanks Jungshik.  I'm very glad you're participating in this discussion.

Indeed.

> I suspect adding the Referer charset to the charset array will make
> various members of this working group sad, but I'd rather we write an
> honest specification than optimize for the happiness of the working
> group.

It depends on the goal. If you want to write down what *some* UAs are
currently doing, then you have to do that, agreed.

> I'll make this change next time I edit the wiki.  Before Julian and
> others bite my head off, I'm aware that this will likely mean you
> won't find this text acceptable to include in the current document.
> If that's the case, I can expand this text to a full-length
> specification, and we can publish it either through this working group
> or as an individual submission.

In which case it would be great if we could come to a conclusion about
whether we're good with

  <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-04.html>

or whether we want to add something like the appendix I proposed in

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2010OctDec/0597.html>

Best regards, Julian