Re: TICKET 259: 'treat as invalid' not defined

On 11.12.2010 23:46, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 11.12.2010 20:42, Adam Barth wrote:
>>> Note that this step starts with an octet sequence obtained from the
>>> HTTP message, and results in a sequence of Unicode characters.
>>
>> Somewhere we want to say what character set we're using.
>
> Indeed. Will fix.

I moved that up to an earlier section (see also
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/attachment/ticket/259/i259.2.diff>):

D.2.  Parsing for Disposition Type and Parameters

    Using the simplified grammar below:

      field-value = disp-type *( ";" param )
      disp-type   = token
      param       = token "=" value

    ...parse the octet sequence in the field value into a disp-type
    (disposition type) and a sequence of parameters (pairs of name
    (token) and value).

    Treat the result values as characters encoded using the ISO-8859-1
    character encoding ([ISO-8859-1]).

    Lower-case all disposition types and parameter names (note that these
    characters will all fall into the US-ASCII range by definition in the
    ABNF).

    If the field value does not conform to the grammar (such as when not
    exactly one disposition type is specified), ignore the whole header
    field.

(I think this better reflects how implementations will actually work;
maybe the "treat-as-ISO" statement should even be moved to the top).

Best regards, Julian