Re: TICKET 259: 'treat as invalid' not defined

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:11:45 +1100
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, httpbis <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>

On 12/12/2010, at 10:03 AM, Adam Barth wrote:

>>> Does this imply \-decoding?  We don't want to do \-decoding.
>>
>> Yes, that's implied by quoted-string.
>
> Ok, then that's not acceptable.  We don't want to do \-decoding.

Adam,

Generally in the IETF we act as individuals making technical arguments, not as representatives of companies that are negotiating product roadmaps.

So, saying "we don't want to do \-decoding" isn't helpful. Can you please tell give us some technical reasoning for people to consider?

Also, if you do say "we" please be very clear about its scope -- it's not clear if you're speaking informally about you and some friends, or you're formally representing Google, or the Chrome browser team, or...

Thanks,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/