Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-00.txt

On 10.12.2010 20:30, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>> Also, I really want to avoid giving the impression that Part 7 does
>> recommend or even specify Digest; my understanding is that this will
>> cause massive problems once we'd get to the IESG.
>
> That is probably wise.
>
> Should the document register other schemes like Negotiate?

And that's another reason.

We haven't decided yet what we want to say about those schemes that seem
to break HTTP.

If we register them (and I guess we'll have to), we'll have to explain
what's wrong with them. I'd rather not have that in the base spec.

Best regards, Julian