Re: Content-Disposition next steps

On 01.12.2010 23:47, Julian Reschke wrote:
> That would mean disallowing to send "%" or "%hh" (where h is HEXDIG) in
> a filename. We can *warn* that some UAs misinterpret this, but unless we
> can recommend something else, that's not really helpful ("something
> else" would be RFC 5987 encoding, but Safari and IE do not understand
> that).

Related to this: I realized yesterday that we don't have a test case for
that. Now we do:

   <http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/#attwithfn2231dpct>

Sadly, this fails with Chrome 9, which apparently post-processes the
result of RFC5987-decoding in an undesirable way.

I believe this should be fixed before Chrome 9 ships, see

   <http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=57830#c22>

Best regards, Julian