Re: Content-Disposition next steps

Hi Adam,

Thanks.

I think this is a workable starting point for a definition of an optional algorithm for parsing the header + handling errors encountered in that process. In that way, it could be similar to other RFC appendices that give example code for parsing; the only difference here being that it's example psuedo-code.

A few things need to happen next:

* We need to assure that it doesn't conflict with the rest of the C-D spec, adjusting either it or the spec as necessary, and documenting where we don't have interop. Based on the discussion so far with Julian and Bjoern, it seems that's under way.

* We need to get other UA vendors on board; just having it reflect Chrome's behaviour isn't productive. Many are on-list, but I'll ping those I know to make sure they're aware. Please talk to those you know and make sure they know it's important that we have their input / buy-in here.

* One way or another, I'd like to get the C-D draft submitted for IETF LC by the holidays. If we can get this appendix hammered out by then, we can include it; if not, we can work on it as a separate document.

To help move us along, it might be good to get the draft text somewhere where it can be collaboratively edited and viewed. How about on the WG Wiki?

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/