Re: Content-Disposition next steps

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:00:26 +0100
To: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 01.12.2010 20:50, Adam Barth wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:12 AM, Mark Nottingham<mnot@mnot.net>  wrote:
>> Adam, do you have a proposal?
>
> Yeah.  Please find my proposal below.  It's certainly not beautiful,
> and it likely needs more polish, but it should be a starting point.

Adam,

before I look at the details, I'd like to understand the intent.

You're saying this reflects roughly what Chrome is doing. Thanks for
writing this down.

But exactly *why* would we consider this for the spec (I assume as
recommended error recovery?)?

I note that you have handling of RFC2047-style encoding in there. That's
something only Chrome and Firefox are doing, so I'd like to understand
why you think it's needed, and whether you think
Opera/Safari/Konqueror/IE should implement that (given the fact that
changes the semantics of values that are valid).

Best regards, Julian