Re: API Rate Limits and HTTP Code [#255]

Le 13 nov. 2010 à 04:40, Julian Reschke a écrit :
> On 13.11.2010 02:04, Adrien de Croy wrote:
>> Is this Refresh header (which isn't in HTTP, so surely should be
>> X-Refresh?) legit? Is it supported?
>
> As far as I can tell, the right thing to do is to write a short Internet Draft specifying the syntax and the semantics and registering it. Bonus points for discussing alternate approaches (Retry-After, Redirects), and the connection to HTML...

Content for helping with the writing. There are implications for caches, accessibility, usability, plus I guess a few funky rules for parsing.
The producer must be strict if defined, but we have to be careful with the parsing.

History of refresh techniques
http://www.securiteam.com/securityreviews/6Z00320HFQ.html

Accessibility Issues
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#meta-element
And the way to disable it in Firefoxv3
http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/ffmetarefresh.htm

On wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_redirection#Refresh_Meta_tag_and_HTTP_refresh_header

A W3C QA tip, recommending other practices
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Refresh in html5
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/semantics.html#attr-meta-http-equiv-refresh

It's available in IIS
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240774

Permanent redirect and Refresh
http://www.somacon.com/p145.php

It seems Firefox and IE take " " in addition of ";" as a separator for the META to be tested on http headers too

Mechanize, a python lib is implementing it
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/doc.html

Issues with Mobile Best Practices
http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#d0e959
--