Re: #243: iso-8859-1 in C-D

On 07.11.2010 17:54, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Maybe say "(which defaults to ISO-8859-1 for the quoted-string form)"?
>
> I don't really care, but if you do want to change it, I'd suggest,
> surprise, to get rid of ISO-8859-1 and instead just say something like
> "Some user agents inspect the value and interpret it as UTF-8 encoded
> string when ...".

Currently it says

"Some user agents inspect the value (which defaults to ISO-8859-1) and
switch to UTF-8 when it seems to be more likely to be the correct
interpretation."

if we take out that bit it would become

"Some user agents inspect the value and switch to UTF-8 when it seems to
be more likely to be the correct interpretation."

which then would raise the question what the correct interpretation
actually is. And it is ISO-8859-1.

Best regards, Julian