Re: [AVT] Fw: [httpstreaming] Agenda and Slides

Colleagues,

Reading the slides I'd like to make some comments in advance of the bar-bof, we can discuss them more via the mailing list or in the bar-BoF itself.

HTTP_Stream_1.ppt Slide 14:

"
 No distinction regular HTTP traffic from HTTP Streaming traffic
  Disadvantage:
   Transport streaming media in the same way as web page
   transport Streaming media has no priority to be delivered/processed first
"

This is not correct, it is possible to apply different treatment to HTTP Streaming traffic Vs "regular" web page traffic, e.g. by the server setting different TOS/DSCP for streaming Vs "web" traffic.

Slide 27:

I am not familiar with the nginx HTTP server but the scaling figures look specific to that deployment/implementation and do not match the HTTP server implementations/deployments I am familiar with which can support at least one order of magnitude grater than the figures in the slide.

Regards
Ben