Re: Issue 261: Check for requirements backing test cases, was: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp

On 02.11.2010 17:46, Adam Barth wrote:
> While I appreciate the implied complement that browser vendors are
> good at fixing interoperability and compatibility problems, I think
> you're giving us too much credit.  For example, my understanding is
> that there's a bunch of content in Asia that requires the nutty
> %-decoding user-default-charset handling.  Because a number of
> browsers have effectively chosen not to compete in this marketplace,
> they lack this behavior.  Therefore lack of unanimity among browsers
> doesn't necessarily imply that there isn't existing content that
> requires the behavior.

So none of Safari/Opera/Firefox is competing there?

Maybe those sites just gave up on IE and Chrome, and have been sending
filename* to everybody else for a long time?

It would *really* be useful to get beyond the hearsay and actually get data.

Best regards, Julian