Re: Comments on draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp

* Adam Barth wrote:
>Do you expect browser user agents to change their behavior w.r.t. the
>% character in filename parameter in Content-Disposition header
>fields?  I don't see an evidence that they will.  It's disingenuous to
>claim this document specifies the Content-Disposition header field
>when it ignores how that header field is processed by user agents used
>by hundreds of millions of users.

So let's see, rumour has it Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Konqueror have
more than 50% of the browser market here in Germany, and none of them
apparently interpret the percent sign as indicating percent-encoding,
and you see no evidence that any of those browsers will change how they
interpret the character; so you recommend, instead of specifying the
sane behavior implemented by the majority of browsers, and presumably
the overwhelming majority of non-browser applications, the draft should
require the unsound behavior of the minority of browsers where you do
not have any reason to believe that it will be adopted by anyone else.