Re: #233: Is * usable as a request-uri for new methods?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:46:17 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
On 22.10.2010 00:29, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> OK, marking for incorporation into -12.

So, in P1 we have:

-- snip --
The asterisk "*" ("asterisk form") means that the request does not apply
to a particular resource, but to the server itself, and is only allowed
when the method used does not necessarily apply to a resource. One
example would be

OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1
-- snip --

This would become:
-- snip --
The asterisk "*" ("asterisk form") means that the request does not apply
to a particular resource, but to the server itself. This is only allowed
for the OPTIONS method. Thus, the only valid example is

OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1
-- snip --

In P2, we *could* add it to the Considerations for new Methods. Do we
need to?

Best regards, Julian