Re: Does no-store in request imply no-cache?

in reference to your statement

"Actually, unsafe request methods MUST invalidate the cache; since the
response may not follow the same path as the request, there's no way
for a cache to know whether the request was successful or not -- better
safe than sorry."

The "path" I'm talking about is a chain of TCP-based HTTP agents not
about IP hosts (irrelevant in this discussion).

talking about IP and tracerts is a complete red herring.  These agents
are the parties in TCP connections.  Sure, the IP packets may go via
different routers between the endpoints, but the endpoints are the
endpoints.