Re: Does no-store in request imply no-cache?

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:24:08 +1300
To: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>
CC: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>

in reference to your statement

"Actually, unsafe request methods MUST invalidate the cache; since the
response may not follow the same path as the request, there's no way
for a cache to know whether the request was successful or not -- better
safe than sorry."

The "path" I'm talking about is a chain of TCP-based HTTP agents not
about IP hosts (irrelevant in this discussion).

talking about IP and tracerts is a complete red herring.  These agents
are the parties in TCP connections.  Sure, the IP packets may go via
different routers between the endpoints, but the endpoints are the