[Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt]

From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:05:19 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
I believe this document will be going to IETF Last Call soon.

attached mail follows:

This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic
	Author(s)       : A. Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-09-22

This memo describes problems with the DIGEST-MD5 Simple
Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) mechanism as specified in
RFC 2831.  It recommends that DIGEST-MD5 to be marked as OBSOLETE in
the IANA Registry of SASL mechanisms, and that RFC 2831 be moved to
Historic status.

Note

A revised version of this draft document will be submitted to the RFC
editor as a Informational document for the Internet Community.
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should
be sent to kitten@ietf.org.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/