Re: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

On 21.09.2010 07:37, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2010, at 10:28 PM, William Chan (陈智昌) wrote:
>
>>  From the brief discussion amongst the Chrome network developers, we plan to discard the response and display an error.
>
> Thank you.  That is a very sensible solution and I am more
> than happy to spec it that way if we can get rough consensus
> (and hopefully some running code).

I just did a few tests with current versions IE/FF/Op/Saf/Chrome.

Observations:

1) some pick the first Content-Length header (Op/Chr/Saf/IE), FF picks
the second

2) some close the connection (Op/IE), some do not

3) most parse multiple lenghts in a single header just like multiple
headers, except for FF which then ignores the header and reads until EOF

4) all are ok with multiple header instances having the same value

I think this is good news in that there's no interop for broken
messages, thus whatever we decide to do is unlikely to break existing
content.

Best regards, Julian