Re: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

Hello Roy,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:00:01PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> I'd really like to encourage that we stop asking people's opinions
> and instead ask them what they are going to implement (or already
> have implemented).  Everyone has an opinion and I'd prefer that
> thoughtful answers be provided instead of knee-jerk slogans.

It's important to ask people what they think about breaking changes, because
we already know they don't always respect the standards. Instead of believing
that we're writing a law they're forced to apply, we should try to understand
what in that law causes them issues. For instance, if they get enough negative
feedback from users because they implement the required change, they will
simply revert it or soften it, and we'll get again several different
implementations. Some will ignore the test, others will take the min, others
the max, etc... So let's have their opinion on the subject to draw the line
between what is mandatory for security reasons and what is not because it's
just their own business.

Regards,
Willy